Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Lost in the woods...found by my dog!

Dave ran the track today through a wooded area. Hans did great. I ran alongside him and was a little nervous when the path divided into three directions, but Hans barely hesitated before pulling again in the right direction.

I found out after the track was finished that an earlier group had come upon a snake! Good information to find out AFTER we were done!

We had a few extra minutes, so Dave and I decided to drive to a different park area and try our own track unassisted. I'm happy to report that it was successful! Dave laid a track and hid with Jonathan and I found them with Hans. I still need lots of practice. Hans knows what he is doing, but I don't always read the signs right. The good news is that I could talk myself through the hesitations and figure out where to pick up the track again.

We're all tired of living in a hotel room. Lots of cabin fever going around. We have three more days of training until I become certified. Part of me is so anxious to be home and back to a routine...the other part is concerned that I only have three more days to learn everything I need to know before flying solo.

Oh yeah...we found out the Hans has food allergies. He has uncontrollable itching from it and we are in the process of changing his food. I also have to give him supplements...yes, this dog belongs in our family!

I can't wait to see everyone and introduce you all to our new wonder dog!

Heather

3 comments:

Penny Shields said...

It has been great reading your blog every day. It sounds as if you are working hard! It sounds as if Hans was meant to be in the Noble family. We are all anxious to meet Hans and see Jonathan back at school. We have missed him. Please tell Karen we all miss her too. Amy is doing a dog unit to prepare the kids for Hans. It is so exciting.

mcnana said...

Heather & Dave (and G&G Johnson!), my Heather linked me to your blog overnight, so I've been reading it rather than getting ready for school :) We are so thankful that this process is going so smoothly for you all. Hans is surely part of The Plan. As for allergies and skin issues, we'll have to talk. We have one of those, too. Take good care. We're sending our love!
Betty & Phil

Anonymous said...

I finally figured out how to leave a comment (Penny told me :)) This really sounds exciting, and I'm really proud of all of you. Just let us know what we can do to help, and be ready for Hans to come to school. We miss Jonathan and Karen!