Sunday, September 14, 2008

8 more days...Jonathan got a letter from his dog

We're getting so excited to go to the 4Paws training facility! The founder of the organization, Karen Shirk, traditionally sends out letters to the kids from their dogs about a week before training starts. It's a very special announcement just for them. Here's Jonathan's letter from Hans...

Dear Jonathan,

I feel like I have been waiting on you forever. I think you are the most special boy ever for loving me just the way I am. I was so sad and thought no one would ever want me, not that I feel there is anything wrong with me. I can track better than all of them! But you know they gave me that label, sigh. I am so glad you do not care about "labels". I have been working extra hard because I want to be the best service dog ever so you will be so happy with me! I love to play ball and want to sleep in your room. I still remember sitting in the shelter as a puppy praying for a boy to love but all the boys kept coming and taking other puppies. Karen says that is because I was meant for you and I think she is right! So hurry, hurry, hurry and get here to see me, okay?

xoxoxoxoxo Hans

PS Didn't I grow into a handsome dude! Now don't listen to Karen who lectures my ears everyday showing them pictures of German Shepherds and telling them to stand up. I think they give me character!


No comments: