Sunday, September 28, 2008

Tracking and more tracking...

I've never run so hard and so far in my whole life! Those of you who know me well will appreciate this...today I tracked through tall grass. I had two thoughts going through my head the whole time...1) find my kid! 2)this dog better be scaring away all the snakes!!! The things we do for our kids!

Jonathan hid today with his personal aid, Karen, but without the trainer who the dog is use to searching for. Hans still found him! I'm loving this dog more and more!

Andrew has a new buddy that he gets to hang out with several hours a day. This has helped out a lot with boredom and jealousy issues that might have been a problem otherwise. Aaron is getting lots of one to one attention from grandparents. He misses me, but I try to give him a lot of attention in the evenings.

Tomorrow we track in the mall. That should be interesting. I'll let you know how it goes. I can't wait to catch up with everyone. We are exactly half way done with training. In a lot ways it is going too fast and I worry that I will not have the confidence to go home and do everything right. In other ways it feels like doggie boot camp and I'm soooooooooo exhausted.

Dave took some video footage of our track today. It should be entertaining since he was running while he was taping! If it's any good I'll see if I can upload it.

We miss everyone! Hope all is well.
Heather

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

We're still here rooting for you and praying for you all! Glad to hear things are going well! Way to be brave in the tall grass -- we're so proud of you. Say hello to the boys -- can't wait to see you all again! -- love from the McQuens

Doug and Max said...

I'm enjoying reading your blog and udates from class. We felt just like you do that this point when we were there in August, but I promise, it'll be fine when you get home. It's been a month for us, and things are falling into place nicely! Take care and have fun at the mall track.

Mary Casler, mom to Doug and SD Max, Augustos 2008